Problem with Mining

Feel free to check out our Forums by clicking the link at the top menu of the site, we have over 10,000 Active members in the community and growing every single day! We also have the most FEATURE RICH live chat room we call "The Trollbox" where you can jump right in and talk with other Cryptocurrency enthusiasts who are also online.

• Hey

i want to plot my HDDs with gpu plotter but it doesnt work.

my computer:

AMD Ryzen 6 1600X

16 GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Radeon RX580 8GB

device settings:

0 0 16192 64 8192

With these device settings i get this error:

[ERROR][-61][CL_INVALID_BUFFER_SIZE] Unable to create the OpenCL GPU buffer

With device settings devided by two [0 0 8096 32 4096]

it says it starts generating nonces, but doesnt generate any nonces, as you can see on the picture.

This is my batch file:

gpuPlotGenerator generate direct d:\3817206805149394904_0_26517504_4096

Thank you for your help!

• I get the same thing on my windows 7 machines. Just let it keep running and it will generate the file, check back after a few hours and you should see some updates. Mine starts out saying 7 years and takes 3 days. So yours starting out at 50 years may take a while.

• I get the same thing on my windows 7 machines. Just let it keep running and it will generate the file, check back after a few hours and you should see some updates. Mine starts out saying 7 years and takes 3 days. So yours starting out at 50 years may take a while.

i read in a thread that a RX580 can produce about 70.000 nonces/min. Do you know the best settings?

2nd pic, That's the way the GPU plotter starts off. If you check the plot size, you'll see it's growing. give it some time and it will move along.

The plotfile is a few seconds after starting plotting such as big as the whole HDD. Does it means, something goes wrong?

• i read in a thread that a RX580 can produce about 70.000 nonces/min. Do you know the best settings?

The plotfile is a few seconds after starting plotting such as big as the whole HDD. Does it means, something goes wrong?

I don't have setting for that GPU, settings will vary greatly based on system. For each of my computers that I plot with I go through the work of changing the setting to determine the fastest rate. I plot much smaller files when doing this and then delete them.

I have seen both cases were the file goes to full size right away and were you can see it grow over time. I am not sure why it does that but I don't believe its causing any problems, I get what appears to be a good file when done.

• Thank you for you answer

Now i tried CPU Plotting. I know that its slow, but it is slower as i thought.

My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 6 1600X and as you can see on the picture it can generate about 15.000 nonces/min.

I started plotting a 6 TB HDD, so 26522000 nonces to plot.

To determine the time it needs, i divide 26522000/15000 = 1768 min = 29 hours.

I started plotting about 17 hours ago a is still 7% proceeded. ( 2002944 nonces done)

I thought the time would be 29 hours.

In the Attachments you see two pictures.

Any idea what i am doing wrong?

EDIT: The HDD is an internal 8 TB Seagate Archive HDD.

• The CPU or GPU can generate a set number of nonces per min however the HDD can't write at the same rate, it will be slower. HDD writing is the bottle neck. Also there may be other process in the background that keep the CPU or GPU from getting the full hash rate all the time.

• That's about right for cpu plotting. It took me about 4 days to plot my dads 8 tb external hard drive he bought to get started mining. I have tried to use the gpu plotter and I don't get any errors, but it always seems to freeze shortly after I start it up. No clue why.