TWEAKING XPLOTTER to run FASTER

Feel free to check out our Forums by clicking the link at the top menu of the site, we have over 10,000 Active members in the community and growing every single day! We also have the most FEATURE RICH live chat room we call "The Trollbox" where you can jump right in and talk with other Cryptocurrency enthusiasts who are also online.

• I just worked out how to use xplotter - Happy Days :)

Copied some settings of a message in the forum about how they got a faster plot speed using 7 threads and 17gb of memory using xplotter .

Seems to be working well as my plot time per TB is 12.5 hrs atm .

I just unboxed a 8tb lacie porsche drive so maybe it is faster because the rpm is 7200 ? I can't find the rpm anywhere on the box or specs for the drive speed online so I am guessing it is .

Does anyone else have BETTER SETTINGS they have found that speed up xplotter times ?

I am using a HP Compaq 8300 Elite Desktop Computer i5-3470 3.20Ghz 8Gb Ram 250Gb on Win 7 to plot

">

• i7 6700k - 6 threads - 4GB memory. Plots 1TB (4000000 nonces) in almost exactly 6 hours on a WD My Book 8TB over USB 3. The drive keeps up with the CPU (always yellow). I tried 6GB memory but it was same nonces/min yet the CPU had to wait for the hard drive to catch up after each batch (grey text)... so I went back to 4GB and works great. If you try that out then let me know your results.

• My calculations are way off , I based it on the first 10% of the plot , its taking just as long as before I used xplotter . 30 hrs + for one TBb based on a 200gb test run (the first 10% plotted quickly but then it slowed down ) :( . Anyway its only time , no rush , I will carry on . If anybody has any tips they used to improve a average cpu setup to plot ,let me know . I am currently doing a test run using applecrisps suggestions .

PS my lacie drives must be 5200 rpm drives I suspect because there as slow as seagates , no wonder the price was about the same . If you can afford WD drives then great otherwise ....