New on bitcoinstacks .. Plotting 1 TB for 36 hrs

Feel free to check out our Forums by clicking the link at the top menu of the site, we have over 10,000 Active members in the community and growing every single day! We also have the most FEATURE RICH live chat room we call "The Trollbox" where you can jump right in and talk with other Cryptocurrency enthusiasts who are also online.

• Hey guys ..

I am new to burstcoin / bitcoinstacks ...

I started plotting my 1 TB hard-drive with native Burstcoin Plotter on 7th June ..

It has been 36 Hrs and its ON and no sign or status of how much % is done or how long it is is going to take more?

How to know how much or if its plotting correct ?

It has not stopped for 36 Hrs .. Mostly i see al Grey message with GREEN in between for few secs.. I dont know what is going on and how long will it take ?

Please help guys ..

check the screenshot !

• Hello, with writing around 3,500 nonces your 1TB should be finished by now. Just to give you an idea it would take you 52.7 hours to plot your drive with writing at 2000 nonces and 26.35 hours with 4,000 nonces a min. Its not giving you any kind of error message is it?

Your screenshot looks to be working and everything is doing what it is suppose to.

A 1TB plot should have around 4,121,729 nonces in it.

Your screenshot shows that you have written 1,595,392 nonces so you are around 38% done with the writting. I am not sure why it is taking so long for you to make a 1 TB plot when you are plotting at around 4,000 nonces per min but to answer your question everything is working fine and you are at around 38% give or take or course. What drive are you writting to?

Also, what is your system specs?

b4diro.jpg

* 95.432 TB Mining* 0 TB Pending Plotting *

Tell Me Thanks By Sending Burst My Way Or Leaving A Like On my Post.

:) BURST-3MJF-FXL2-4LTQ-ALPYW :)

• Hello, with writing around 3,500 nonces your 1TB should be finished by now. Just to give you an idea it would take you 52.7 hours to plot your drive with writing at 2000 nonces and 26.35 hours with 4,000 nonces a min. Its not giving you any kind of error message is it?

Your screenshot looks to be working and everything is doing what it is suppose to.

A 1TB plot should have around 4,121,729 nonces in it.

Your screenshot shows that you have written 1,595,392 nonces so you are around 38% done with the writting. I am not sure why it is taking so long for you to make a 1 TB plot when you are plotting at around 4,000 nonces per min but to answer your question everything is working fine and you are at around 38% give or take or course. What drive are you writting to?

Also, what is your system specs?

Hi mate , thanks for the reply ..

I am plotting Seagate Portable 1 TB Hardrive ..

Computer Specs:

i5 2500 K

8 Gb Ram

MSI Moboard

1 Tb Internal HD

1 TB External HD (which is on plotting currently)

Using 2 Cores for Plotting as on 4 cores my CPU temp was going very high above 90 degrees..

SO what do you suggest i wait >? My computer has been ON for 36 Hrs man ...

No errors so far !

Btw in the background i am also using 2 Cores for Minergate mining some XMR.

Regards

• No errors is a good thing! The reason your cpu is running hot is because you are also running minergate at the same time..

When you plot nonces to a hard drive, your cpu usually finished BEFORE the nonces are finished writting to the drive. This is because the CPU is faster than the write speeds of the drive. This isnt a bad thing as it gives your cpu a "breather" and chance to cool down a little. Since you are using minergate at the same time your cpu is ALWAYS "Working" and doesnt have a breather break. That is why it is running hot. What i would personally do is stop mining xmr, at least untill the drives are done being ploted. Yes, you are 42% done with writing the plot files. Pause XMR mining for a while and watch your nonces/min speed and see if it changes any. Im guessing that by stopping the XMR mining, you should see an increase in overall plotting speed which means an overall decrease in time to finish plotting!

Whatever you do, dont stop the plotting. It wont hurt anything, you will just have wasted 36 hours for nothing :)

If you do stop the plotting, you will have to manually format the drive and start over.

b4diro.jpg

• No errors is a good thing! The reason your cpu is running hot is because you are also running minergate at the same time..

When you plot nonces to a hard drive, your cpu usually finished BEFORE the nonces are finished writting to the drive. This is because the CPU is faster than the write speeds of the drive. This isnt a bad thing as it gives your cpu a "breather" and chance to cool down a little. Since you are using minergate at the same time your cpu is ALWAYS "Working" and doesnt have a breather break. That is why it is running hot. What i would personally do is stop mining xmr, at least untill the drives are done being ploted. Yes, you are 42% done with writing the plot files. Pause XMR mining for a while and watch your nonces/min speed and see if it changes any. Im guessing that by stopping the XMR mining, you should see an increase in overall plotting speed which means an overall decrease in time to finish plotting!

Whatever you do, dont stop the plotting. It wont hurt anything, you will just have wasted 36 hours for nothing :)

If you do stop the plotting, you will have to manually format the drive and start over.

All right thanks mate ..

if any more issues i will get back :) cheers

• your welcome. If you need any more help feel free to private messge me

b4diro.jpg

• I am finally done after 6 days of nonstop plotting my 1 TB Drive .. lol

it took approximately 144 Hrs in total ...

I want to start mining now .. which is the best pool you guys are using .. and how do be updated with new , fast and best pool networks?

• your welcome. If you need any more help feel free to private messge me

How to PM You mate? I can not see the option ..

anyway .. i am stuck again .. on some error 1004

you need change reward assignment and wait 4 blocks (16 minutes) ??

I waited for 1 hour already .. Dont know how or what to change in reward assignment ..

Check the screenshot

• Click on my profile picture icon and then once on my page, look for an icon that has a person on it. When you place your cursor over it, it should say "User"

Click on that, and then select start conversation

b4diro.jpg