Need some advises! want to build a mega rig!

• Hi guys!

i want to start mining with a 200-300 tb rig but their are a few things that i didnt understand clearly.. i hope some of u could help me here :)..

1. in the youtube video from "imineblocks" (riskyfire) he said that the first plotnumber (after the ID) has to be diffrent from the next one. So do ´s this mean, if i have 4000 nodes and 40 HDDs, that the first nummer on ne 40th HDD 160.000 is?

and how important is that?

2. how much TB is needed to solomine efficient?

3. What is the maximum amount of devices(Hdds) on a PC?

4. How many nodes fits on a 8 TB Seagate HDD?

5. are their any problems with gpumultiplotting? (read about that in the burstforum) (gtx1060 6gb)

and what is the diffrence between direct and buffer mode?

6. How safe is the classic burst wallet it looks very windy to me :/ and are their any alternatives?

...i think thats it.. damn got so much more last night in my head, hopefully they will come back x)

Thanks, Rollozu.

• ok, so your post is kinda hard to understand, let me clear some things up for you.

When plotting your drives you plot with nonces, not nodes.

Each plot file must have a different starting nonce.

Example:

I want to plot my first 100 gb, I would use the nonce calculator to figure out how many nonces = 100 gb,

after using the calculator I find that its 409600 nonces.

I would plot the file starting with nonce 0 and I would plot a total of 409600 nonces(100gb).

Now that I have plotted 100 gb I would like to plot another 100 gb,

I would then plot the next plot file using the a starting nonce of the previous start nonce + the total nonces used on the last plot,

so in this case it would be 0 + 409600 = 409600.

basically the nonce numbers cant overlap. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THEY DONT OVERLAP

Now to answer your questions.

1. read above...

2. I would say about 100 tb, but I think pool mining is more efficient until you hit maybe 250 TB or so

3. I think the maximum drives a windows pc can hold is about 26(numbers in the alphabet), but its best practice to put maximum 150TB per rig, after about 60TB the read times get slower and slower therefore decreasing your chance of winning faster blocks

4. First off, as I corrected above, its nonces, and due to windows formatting an 8TB drive is really only 7.27 TB, which is about a total of 29,491,200

5. you can run into serious problems plotting multiple drives at the same time, one member of the forums killed 2 GTX 1080 because he was using high settings and trying to plot over 6 drives. If you plan on plotting multiple drives at the same time just stick to 2 drives maximum!! I have absolutely no problem plotting 2 drives at the same time. Any more than that, it could get ulgy.

6. Download the AIO wallet by lex right here on bitcoinstacks in the download section, its safe as far as I know and is much nicer than the classic wallet.

Hope I could help, remember to take your time, maybe even try plotting multiple small plot files on a junk drive or on your on pc and try to mine that just so you can get the process down.

• 1) Think of nonces (nodes) like lottery tickets. When you plot you're buying lottery tickets and each nonce number is a different number combination. So if you start at nonce 0 and go to 1,000 for example, that's 1,000 different lottery tickets. Now if you plot another set and go from 1,001 to 2,000 you now have 2,000 different lottery tickets. However if you plot it again at 0 to 1,000 you will now have 2,000 lottery tickets, but 1,000 distinct numbers (you'll have duplicates). Unlike the lottery however, if you have duplicates, only the first one submitted wins, the other one is discarded or, in some pools, penalized for submitting again. So it is very important not to have duplicates and the miner will even tell you when you have duplicates.

2) I've seen the number 200 TB thrown around, but I'm only at 9 TB... That being said, I would be roughly the same place solo mining as pool mining, but it relies a lot on luck to solo mine so...

3) Depends on the motherboard, but you can have a combination of internal and external drives.

4) About 33 million (give or take)

5) I use gpu plotting, the only issue I ran into was related to buffer mode. With direct mode, it is slower, but it will right an optimized plot which is easier and quicker for the miner to read. With the buffer mode, the plot is not optimized and you would have to separately optimize the file. In my case I tried buffered, then optimized, and my plot became corrupt, so I now only do direct gpu mining.

6) I think the classic burst wallet is fine, I'm currently using the one from this site found under Burst Tools. But as far as I can tell they're both just wrappers for Burst Wallet Servers. These can either be local (you download and maintain your own copy of the block chain) or online (someone else maintains a copy of the block chain). With local you're dealing completely with yourself as far as sending your pass phrase, but online you send the pass phrase out, so it would be a little less secure. I believe both are open source so someone could go through it and make sure it's doing what it says it's doing.

• I wrote a question about solo mining a couple weeks ago and I never got a reply. Maybe someone here can help me out.

I want to try solo mining, I have been a pool for a couple month and even though I have hit a couple blocks my payouts are tiny, rare and far from daily. So I'd like to try my luck at solo.

I watched this video which seems to be right, I don't know, so I am here.

I followed it all but I am not sure if it's working. The mining window information looks different and I am not sure if it's actually working. I do understand hitting a block may never happen or take weeks so I just want to make sure it is actually working and not be waiting in vane.

This what I see when not in a pool.

miner_solo.jpg

This what I see when I am in a pool. Here I can see my network connectivity and it mentions the size on my plots. 7.3Tb

miner_pool_lexitoshi.jpg

I have really searched online for more advice on solo mining. I have found a lot of good info. But this answer alludes me.

Could anyone help me out a bit please. Will send Burst or SBD for usable answers.

• Try this Config (but change your paths to the plots)

{

"Mode" : "solo",

"Server" : "localhost",

"Port" : 8125,

"UpdaterAddr" : "localhost",

"UpdaterPort" : 8125,

"InfoAddr" : "localhost",

"InfoPort" : 8125,

"EnableProxy" : false,

"ProxyPort" : 8126,

"Paths":

[

"L:\\Burst\\plots","K:\\Burst\\plots","J:\\Burst\\plots","I:\\Burst\\plots","G:\\Burst\\plots","F:\\Burst\\plots","E:\\Burst\\plots","D:\\Burst\\plots"

],

"CacheSize" : 100000,

"ShowMsg" : false,

"ShowUpdates" : false,

"Debug" : true,

"SendBestOnly" : true,

"TargetDeadline": 6048000,

"UseFastRcv" : false,

"SendInterval" : 100,

"UpdateInterval" : 950,

"UseLog" : true,

"ShowWinner" : false,