GPU Workshop - Overclocking - BIOS Mod Requests - Efficiency - Mining Software

Feel free to check out our Forums by clicking the link at the top menu of the site, we have over 10,000 Active members in the community and growing every single day! We also have the most FEATURE RICH live chat room we call "The Trollbox" where you can jump right in and talk with other Cryptocurrency enthusiasts who are also online.

• Welcome,

Happy to help with anything GPU related, I do not ask for any payment in return for advice, but happy accept some Burst if you want to say thanks.

Thread in progress*

I'll post modded results for each card I have, few more to come:

Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB - Samsung Memory

Core Voltage: -96mV

Core Clock - 1125Mhz

Memory Clock - 2080MHz

Results:

29.2Mh/s

65w - 80w - depends of driver version / claymore version / power risers

Temps dependable but around 65C

• Smiley:

After you flashed GPU use Afterburer app to tweak clocks, tired on Trixx and was fine too:

test round 1:

Core - 1150

Memory - 1850

test round 2:

Core 1100

Core Voltage -96mv

Memory - 1900

test round 3:

Same as above except Memory Clock: go up by 10-20mhz each time, run Claymore or NiceHash whichever soft you use.

You can spread your testing rounds wider if you have time to do more tests, thats just an example.

Note:

- apply vaules before you run mining software

- each set of value tweak should be separated with system reset, don't bump up vaules after you apllied them already.

- if your screen blinks, flashed artifacts, "driver stopped working and recovered.." reset and try lower vaules.

• Nice that your doing this! Hopefully this should clear up some confusion for those who don't know how to BIOS mod. Everyone will see it's not as hard as it may seem :P

Thanks and you are right, after all its not rocket science. I wasted weeks by not being able to plot my HDDs without overlapping but when I finally got it right.. face palm* for how easy it was.

With GPU is similar but you pay more if make a mistake.

• Already did, and that the way I'm running now. Yeah, was having way to many problems with Trixx. Afterburner is working great.

The test numbers look like what I have tried and am currently tested/testing on the 4GB card. I'm running it at 1000/2000 and getting 24.4MH/s on that card. Its holding around 42c right now, but it is 5am. Also had noticed values were not being applied while running Claymore. Seems to work if I adjust values, close the min

De-centralized crypto will set you free,
    centralized crypto will enslave you.
    Choose wisely.

DK16IAI.png

Maker of MicroBURST Asset : 8037858512672935472

x60NgU0.png  oshq7jM.png

>>BURST-43XA-XDFR-P3CV-3HKAW<<

• Already did, and that the way I'm running now. Yeah, was having way to many problems with Trixx. Afterburner is working great.

The test numbers look like what I have tried and am currently tested/testing on the 4GB card. I'm running it at 1000/2000 and getting 24.4MH/s on that card. Its holding around 42c right now, but it is 5am. Also had noticed values were not being applied while running Claymore. Seems to work if I adjust values, close the min

But your memory straps are currently not changed. Those values will give totally different results after you flash the bios. Overclocking stock bios gives only around 5-10% max.

Memory Clock on 1900Mhz when modded will give better hash rate then 2000Mhs because of those strap change, memory is forced to respond quicker then set by manufacturer.

For example you have a car when gas pedal is fixed to be pushed to the metal when you actually press only 60-80% of it.

Sorry for my average english explanation but that's what comes to my mind..

• Nope, not yet, I'm hoping to have time this weekend to get into it.

And yes, agree with One With the Blockchain, Thank you very much for helping with this. I will update here as things progress.

De-centralized crypto will set you free,
    centralized crypto will enslave you.
    Choose wisely.

DK16IAI.png

Maker of MicroBURST Asset : 8037858512672935472

x60NgU0.png  oshq7jM.png

>>BURST-43XA-XDFR-P3CV-3HKAW<<

• WATCH THIS!!! 6x ASUS RX570 4GB Modded to 28mhs 840w total power draw.