Please give me the support and help to start mining

Feel free to check out our Forums by clicking the link at the top menu of the site, we have over 10,000 Active members in the community and growing every single day! We also have the most FEATURE RICH live chat room we call "The Trollbox" where you can jump right in and talk with other Cryptocurrency enthusiasts who are also online.

• HI,

I came to know about burstcoin by seeing one of the videos by Adam in Youtube. Since then i wanted to mine. But i want to make it in proper way instead of doing it as a hobby. I have a couple of external hard drives each with the capacity of 1 TB. But starting to mine with that will not fetch even 2000 bursts a month as per my knowledge. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Can any one please answer the following questions? (So that i can plan to mine properly)

1) What would be the minimum investment required?(To purchase the materials to mine)

2) Please tell me in the layman language. I don't know what is rig or pool or anything like that. But i prefer to mine like the one shown in adam's videos. What should be the minimum configuration of the computer? How many hard drives are required to start mining a decent coins. What should be the space of each harddrives? Any link where i can get those materials for a cheaper price?

3) What would be the consumption of electricity? We pay around 10 Cents per unit of electricity? How many units of electricity will be consumed for this?

4) Since the computer is going to be on always, should i install an AC?

5) Please give me the step by step procedure to setup everything in a layman language...

• at current difficulty 2TB's will earn around 3300 coins per month on average.

as for geting started mining check in the downloads section of this forum and down load the all in one wallet. it has a built in ploter and miner witch will make it much more easy. after you down load 1st make sure you have Java installed and updated as most Burst apps are ran on Java script. the open the wallet and ither generate a new wallet with the app or create one yourself. 1st and most importain thing to remember is that the pass phrase you use to logg into your wallet is not a pass word per say . but insted is an encryption key tied to that wallet address , it can not be changed ever. the also the pass phrase is vary spicific as in everything counts including empty spaces as a digit of the pass phrase so if you ever logg in and you are not in the right wallet . log out and duble check to make sure you have not added a (space) befor or after your pass phrase as that is the most common mistake when people Copy/paste they will get empty space highlighted at the end and it will count , the auto generated wallets use a string of 12 random words and if you do a self creation it is best to keep to this format , you can make it easy to remember but to prevent brute force hacking you want it to be long the longer the better.

once you have created your wallet you will need to finalise and (activate) it ... in the top left you will see your wallet address copy it and come back hear to the forums at the top click on the claim free burst tab and follow the instruction's that will send you some free burst to fund the wallet. it may take a moment for the burst to arive when they do change the name in your wallet to finalise.

befor you can mine you need to plot your HDD at the bottom of the wallet you will see a tab that says write plot's click it .. select the drive you want then use the slide bar to adjust to the amount of space you want and start ploting. it will take a long time to plot dont worry its not frozen. for me 4 TB take about 24 hours to plot using the GPU plotter witch you can learn to use at a latter time if you want to get really indepth and start buying and adding alot of HDD space the GPU ploter is a must as its much faster than the CPU ploter.

after you finish ploting its time to start mining . at the bottom of the wallet is a tab that says start mining click it . then on the right side of the pop up is a drop down list of pool's chose the one you want. for people under 5TB i would stay away from Ninja , burst-team both are set up for people with large capacity. after you chose on the left it says set reward assignment click it . you will get a pop up in the bottom section past the pool address that it just copyed for you. in the top past your pass phrase. then logg back into your wallet you will need 4 confirmations befor you can start mining you will see a 1 burst transaction in your history wait ontell it has 4 confirmations and then click the start minning tab at the bottom agin . this time click the start mining (cpu/avx) button ... and thats it you are mining . as for electricity if your computer alredy stays on 24/7 then you wont even notice a dif in electric bill ... because the only part that uses heavy electric is the plotting of the HDD and you only need to do that 1 time. after that all you are doing is scanning a portion of your HDD about every 4 min witch is varry minimal cost

• at current difficulty 2TB's will earn around 3300 coins per month on average.

as for geting started mining check in the downloads section of this forum and down load the all in one wallet. it has a built in ploter and miner witch will make it much more easy. after you down load 1st make sure you have Java installed and updated as most Burst apps are ran on Java script. the open the wallet and ither generate a new wallet with the app or create one yourself. 1st and most importain thing to remember is that the pass phrase you use to logg into your wallet is not a pass word per say . but insted is an encryption key tied to that wallet address , it can not be changed ever. the also the pass phrase is vary spicific as in everything counts including empty spaces as a digit of the pass phrase so if you ever logg in and you are not in the right wallet . log out and duble check to make sure you have not added a (space) befor or after your pass phrase as that is the most common mistake when people Copy/paste they will get empty space highlighted at the end and it will count , the auto generated wallets use a string of 12 random words and if you do a self creation it is best to keep to this format , you can make it easy to remember but to prevent brute force hacking you want it to be long the longer the better.

once you have created your wallet you will need to finalise and (activate) it ... in the top left you will see your wallet address copy it and come back hear to the forums at the top click on the claim free burst tab and follow the instruction's that will send you some free burst to fund the wallet. it may take a moment for the burst to arive when they do change the name in your wallet to finalise.

befor you can mine you need to plot your HDD at the bottom of the wallet you will see a tab that says write plot's click it .. select the drive you want then use the slide bar to adjust to the amount of space you want and start ploting. it will take a long time to plot dont worry its not frozen. for me 4 TB take about 24 hours to plot using the GPU plotter witch you can learn to use at a latter time if you want to get really indepth and start buying and adding alot of HDD space the GPU ploter is a must as its much faster than the CPU ploter.

after you finish ploting its time to start mining . at the bottom of the wallet is a tab that says start mining click it . then on the right side of the pop up is a drop down list of pool's chose the one you want. for people under 5TB i would stay away from Ninja , burst-team both are set up for people with large capacity. after you chose on the left it says set reward assignment click it . you will get a pop up in the bottom section past the pool address that it just copyed for you. in the top past your pass phrase. then logg back into your wallet you will need 4 confirmations befor you can start mining you will see a 1 burst transaction in your history wait ontell it has 4 confirmations and then click the start minning tab at the bottom agin . this time click the start mining (cpu/avx) button ... and thats it you are mining . as for electricity if your computer alredy stays on 24/7 then you wont even notice a dif in electric bill ... because the only part that uses heavy electric is the plotting of the HDD and you only need to do that 1 time. after that all you are doing is scanning a portion of your HDD about every 4 min witch is varry minimal cost

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Thanks for the detailed explanation. So initially i can start the CPU plotter and later use GPU plotter right? How much does the GPU Plotter cost?

I actually do not want to keep my laptop 24/7. Can i use my old desktop that has dual core processor and 2 gb ram for this purpose? I can attach an external hard drive and use it. Is it possible to mine in that desktop?

Should i keep the AC(Air conditioner) on to make the system cool or it is not required? Please clarify...

• Thanks for the detailed explanation. So initially i can start the CPU plotter and later use GPU plotter right? How much does the GPU Plotter cost?

I actually do not want to keep my laptop 24/7. Can i use my old desktop that has dual core processor and 2 gb ram for this purpose? I can attach an external hard drive and use it. Is it possible to mine in that desktop?

Should i keep the AC(Air conditioner) on to make the system cool or it is not required? Please clarify...

GPU Plotter is located in the downloads >>> click on the header above >>> and is free. Mining on 1 pc will not generate enough heat to need constant ac especially if you don't mine 24/7

"Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1." - Warren Buffet

>>><<<

• thank you for the kind help

You are very very welcome! And once you witness free burst in your account, start recommending burst to you friends and family.

"Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1." - Warren Buffet

>>><<<

GPU plotter is free. I still recommend either "Jminer" or "XPlotter" though. If you want it on 24/7, using your old desktop would be a better idea. Just plotting may be slow on that old thing.