Adding more HDD's question?

• At the moment my brother and I are mining with 1TB and we just finished plotting another 1TB. My question is do I need to stop mining to be able to add this next 1TB so that we are now mining with 2TB's?

• nope you can mine and plot at the same time you will just get an error message saying cannot open file when it try to read the plot that is being plotted once the plotting is finish this error will go away and if you look at the bottom of miner screen your % read will be above thew 100% you started to mine with, closeing and restarting the miner will only reset the starting data. the only other reason is if the miner has not detected the new drive as having plots witch you will then need to close it and restart it agin

• what mining software are you using? Usually you have to add the 2nd hard drive path to the miners config

It's the mining software that is in the all in one wallet so which ever that is. Sorry I'm new to this stuff that's why I don't know much when it comes to mining.

• nope you can mine and plot at the same time you will just get an error message saying cannot open file when it try to read the plot that is being plotted once the plotting is finish this error will go away and if you look at the bottom of miner screen your % read will be above thew 100% you started to mine with, closeing and restarting the miner will only reset the starting data. the only other reason is if the miner has not detected the new drive as having plots witch you will then need to close it and restart it agin

Looks like the miner has not detected the other drive with plots because it's still saying 1TB and it's been like this for over an hour so I have to restart the miner?

• are you on the all in one wallet ? if so make sure it detects both drives befor you hit the start button if not you may need to move the plot files as the all in one looks in <drive letter>:/Burst/plots but if you use the stand alone like Jminer it's defulted to look at <drive letter>: unless you direct it elsware in the config file

• are you on the all in one wallet ? if so make sure it detects both drives befor you hit the start button if not you may need to move the plot files as the all in one looks in <drive letter>:/Burst/plots but if you use the stand alone like Jminer it's defulted to look at <drive letter>: unless you direct it elsware in the config file

Okay mate I'll be doing this now and if I come across any problems I'll let you know. Thanks for the help.

• Okay all seems to be working well as I just started the miner and it now shows the other 1TB plotted drive so now we are over 2.1TB :D Thanks for the help guys!