Looking at Apple's history of bringing geek-tech to the masses, this is the biggest no brainer of all time:
- Personal computers in the 70s and 80s
- Digital music in the early 2000s (iPod)
- Smart phones in the mid 2000s (unseated Blackberry)
Apple took geeky, garage-tech and standardized the interface in a way that is became easy for users to learn and become productive. They brought about cultural shifts through powerful branding and marketing to change the perception of technology and its value.
Right now, we have a situation with crypto similar to peer to peer digital music sharing of the late 90s. You had services like Napster and Audiogalaxy providing a service consumers clearly wanted, but being fought by an incumbent recording industry. (Banks doing the same to crypto now).
Apple flipped that script, and worked with the recording industry to eliminate that fear, and created a massive business out of a new model that consumers loved.
They also went on to disrupt the smart phone market, and usurped a boring, portable corporate email tool (Blackberry), transforming the tool into a cool, portable computer, completely changing the landscape forever.
Apple already has the following components available RIGHT NOW to its advantage, I mean this is one of the biggest no-brainers of all time:
- iPhone (can be utilized as hardware wallet, detachable attachment for cold storage)
- Apple Pay (already built in infrastructure, network, and business relationships for point of sale)
- Extremely sympathetic branding power makes relationship building with financial institutions easy.
- Super easy to use interface that makes end user adoption easy
Apple just reported an earnings miss for the first time in over a decade. Although the company is wildly successful, still at half a billion dollars in market capitalization, 250+ billion in cash, and still raking in 80% of smartphone profits, they are needing a massive new growth driver to live up to their own lofty expectations.
Crypto is it, go get it Mr. Tim.submitted by /u/crypto_kang