Is EASY! Setting up a local wallet on winblowz

• Pre Step 1. Give up on that shit AIO thing. Don't waste your time. It'll be ok, everything is easy, you can figure out using the 3 tools it actually is using under the hood so you know what's going on and can update things.

Step 1. Download and install Java 64

https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Step 2. Download and extract the wallet you want to use

Right now I'm running 1.2.9c and it's been stable. All the same though, this may be out of date, any version of the java wallet is the same to setup.

https://github.com/dawallet/burstcoin/releases (get the zip file - burstcoin-1.2.9c.zip)

Step 3. Prep your install.

Go into the folder you just extracted. There is a conf folder insde. In it is a nxt-default.properties file, copy and paste it into the same folder so you have create a copy of it. Rename that copy to nxt.properties. open it in a text editor.

Find the section. nxt.wellKnownPeers= and delete it and all the ips following. Go to http://status.burstcontrol.com:7777/node and at the bottom of the page will be a updated list you can copy, paste that into your nxt.properties file, save and close it.

Go back up a directory so your in the main folder that your extracted from the zip. Right click on run.bat and select edit.

Delete all that bullshit, the whole run.bat file, clean it out, replace with:

start "BURST" java -d64 -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt

Save and close it.

Step 4. Get up to sync.

This will take hours and tie your CPU up while it works. Start it when your leaving the house for a while or going to bed for the night.

Double click the run.bat file you edited.

Walk away. It'll do it's thing. It'll take a while. When you come back look on the screen and it will tell you to go to:

localhost:8125

when you do you'll have a wallet server, you can log in, and it'll show your sync progress if it's not done.

Done, drink victory beer.

NOTE: DO NOT COPY IN YOUR OLD DATABASE OR DOWNLOAD ONE TO "SAVE TIME". If you do you can try it and it might work. But if you have any issues. Assume that is the problem.

• thanks bro! I will do this after I am back from class today...not sure I have time right this minute, ugh. never enuff time nowadays

• any reason this new install doesn't "install" to the appdata roaming folder like previous versions and pretty much ALL other coin wallets? attempting now since the school people didnt confirm for 1130

edit: I attempted this just now and inserted the DB that downloaded from my attempt last night and I still get nothing.

PC: Win7 x64 java64

• any reason this new install doesn't "install" to the appdata roaming folder like previous versions and pretty much ALL other coin wallets? attempting now since the school people didnt confirm for 1130

edit: I attempted this just now and inserted the DB that downloaded from my attempt last night and I still get nothing.

PC: Win7 x64 java64

Because the app data folder and the program files folder ect are just microsoft bullshit. Doesn't matter where it is. It doesn't have a installer that puts random bits in random places and changes who knows what. It's in the folder where you put it with everything it needs. This is as good of place as any for it. If not put it where you want it. Seems better that way to me.

My instructions said nothing about doing any such thing... If your prior install was working good you wouldn't be reading this thread. You'll get the best results if you let it build itself a nice fresh clean database. This version uses new libraries which while I don't think are incompatible with the old version, might be the source of bugs if you do the mix and match thing. Syncing the chain from 0 really doesn't take that long.

When you say you get nothing what do you mean exactly? Add a second line to your run.bat file with just one line

pause

Save and close it, delete your burst_db directory, and then start it again and at least if you have a issue you'll be able to see the message.